Friday, July 24, 2009

ning

Ok, I can see how Ning might have more appeal than facebook because of the capability to personalize things. But the ads! Some were a little racy. And the search results too- I thought I'd look for a swing dancing community- oops found some other kinds of dance too! Ultimately, I don't see the use in joining a group like that unless you are trying to get in touch with people you used to hand out with or looking for tips on where to go dancing. I'm not anymore :) Another search I tried was library. Again, nothing I'd spend time doing. The one I saw that was most promising was for Dallas Chrysalis. This is a religious organization that I once was very active with but have lost touch with. So I thought what a great way to get back in touch with everyone and get a heads up on current events they are planning. DENIED! It was an invitation only group! Now what. rrrrgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment