Sunday, August 23, 2009

Last one

Looks like I made it! Just in time too since school starts tomorrow! Out of what we've done, my favorite is the Image Generators because I think we need more visuals in the library to attract the attention of our patrons. My least favorite was Library Thing because I really just didn't see the point. That may be because I don't need my personal books to be like a library and I have the library organized with the software and vendors we use. Perhaps there is untapped potential there that I didn't see. The most challenging for me was Instant Messaging. I only managed to have a couple of conversations with one other participant due to the complexity of searching for users, adding them as "friends" and getting those user names correct and everything. Maybe there were bugs with the program I used. I learned a lot- not sure exactly how to express it all. Obviously I learned a lot of new programs- or sites or whatever you call it. I learned how to add blogs as feeds to my igoogle page. That's one that stands out. I'll use that. I'll use the image generator and mashup sites. I'll use Flickr now that I've created an account. I'll use LibWorm occasionally to keep up to date with library news. I think it was a good use of my time overall and will help me provide better service to my patrons.

No comments:

Post a Comment