Sunday, August 16, 2009

Google Docs Thing

I have been using Google Docs for years! But not regularly until the past six months. Again, the Maverick committee forces me into Web 2.0! We use Google Docs to share our nomination forms with each other and keep our list of reading and nominations updated using Google Docs. So there's a regular word-type document that we use and also a couple of databases- or are they spreadsheets- still a little fuzzy on the difference here. Also, our group of middle school librarians has shared things using Google Docs. I already have a list of contacts established for my Google Docs. However, it does not always work smoothly. Sometimes people don't get things you think you sent. Sometimes I have trouble logging in and I'm not the only one. The way you accept a document doesn't always work smoothly- sometimes after following that link, I don't see all my documents pop up! I tried organizing my stuff into folders, cause I do manage quite a few documents there. I got them into the folder I created, but they were still in the full list. Wel, then what's the point of the folders? I don't know. For this Thing, I explore the Templates section. That was new to me. So I used a couple. One for a photo scrapbook gave me lots of problems. I could only get one photo uploaded to it. The rest failed. from the web and from my computer. frustrating. So, what I don't see using Google Docs for is creating documents- especially after reading the blog where they advertise adding features that are readily accessible to me right now. But I see it's value in sharing and co-editing documents.

No comments:

Post a Comment