Saturday, August 15, 2009

Wikis

I am not completely new to wikis. I have used wikipedia a bit in the past. Also, for the Maverick committee, I've had to use our wiki for discussion purposes. For some of us librarians in Irving, we made a wiki and used it a bit. My analysis thus far is this: Wetpaint is a terrible tool! #1 I got a virus while I was using it! #2 the annoying moving ads. #3 Difficult navigation #4 can't create pages with the same name, even as subpages? I dont' know the tool we used in my other wikis, but they work much better. Maybe that has to do with the whole account making aspect of it. I like the idea of it, but not completely sold on the ability of others to edit something you put up. For that, I like Google Docs better cause it's more collaborative in nature. In looking at wikipedia (origami article) I can definitely see how toes get stepped on in this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment